The Avas are not feeling festive. Those singing brats in the street are a divine sign that we gonna be real skint. And don’t get us started on glitter abuse and patriarchal consumerist orgies. Or say, the crusades.
So we’ll do our damnedest to share the loathing and cheer ourselves up with nasty topics, hard-core fluff, nutty sweetmeats, and seasonal chants.
Possibly including but non-binding or limited to:
– Creeping Tom: On privacy, real names, and the blurring of personal and professional boundaries. Based on a true life story.
–Wankers vs keepers corner
– ‘Health Impacts of the Criminalisation of Sex Work’: A field report from the conference at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine on Wednesday 12th Dec.
– Auntie Wussy Pillow: Our tea-addict sex workers’ agony aunt
– Old Butts: Ava chats with Itziar Bilbao Urrutia, a Pro-Domme and fetish video producer, about ageing in sex work, the merits of re-education bootcamps for clients who fetishise older workers (and those who won’t see us) and going grey on your profile, and other strategic spots.
– How Did You Get Into This? (working title) – Launching AvA’s spanking new segment where we ask sex workers:
1)What did you think starting work in the sex industry would be like?
2)What was it actually like?
– An action and fashion report from the ‘No to Tommy Robinson, No to Fortress Britain’ demo on Sunday 9th December led by the kick arse Feminists Anti-Fascist Assembly.
-‘Pennie’: Voices from the November Festival premier of an art-documentary film about the multilayered life of a migrant sex worker, MMA fighter, and student. Director: Lola Clavo.
– The East London Project: Will chat to Ava in the studio about their investigation into how laws and policing affect sex workers’ safety and access to services in Hackney, Newham and Tower Hamlet, and answer some pestilent questions.
– Radio B Easy: High and low Tart Lit, recently displaying radio-drama tendencies.
– A banging playlist by Gia.
Tune in to www.radioava.org LIVE Friday 14th December from 4pm, or catch the podcast on www.mixcloud.com/avaradio/