This month London was a nest of seriously buzzing sex workers, with not one but two independent porn films festivals and a three day sex workers conference, Ava hardly found time for actual whoring.
On this show Ava brings you stinging bits from:
– SWARM’s 10th anniversary festival, including creative writing and performance workshops, Sex Workers of Colour, Technology and Surveillance, and Transfeminism panels, and the banging after party.
– The London Porn Film Festival: The sex work is work program and sex education panel, and inside information from Rude Jude about how they got kicked out from their venue. With Victorian ladies attached.
– No Democracy Here: a loitering interview with Liad Hussein kantorowicz at the Uncensored film festival about her political satire documentary film.
Our super-special guest this month is the sex worker, activist and film-maker Pandora / Blake, who will tell us what the fuck is happening with the looming Age Verification – scheduled for enforcement from 15th July – and answer questions on how and if should we bleach our profiles and websites content.
Frivolous floozy or not, Ava has two news segments to keep you in the loop:
– Naked Anthropologist News: plucked from cyberspace by Laura Agustin and read by Gia.
– ECP News: UK political developments, actions and legal challenges.
Already got our older regulars booked in: Wankers vs Keepers corner (warning: neck to neck!), ho stories from life and fictions, and our rampant trollop agony aunt: Auntie Wussy.
Bouncy tunes courtesy of ally DJ Sangsue, hot from the SWARM party playlist.
And no, we didn’t forget Decrim Scotland: you’ll hear all about it on our next show, broadcasting live from Glasgow.
Tune in to www.radioava.org LIVE, Friday 31st May from 2pm, or check out the podcasts uploaded in June on www.mixcloud.com/avaradio/